DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Monday, March 05, 2007

S&P Update

Here is how we look as of the close of Monday. We have continued downward even though we have had a couple of intraday snap back rallies that good day traders could have capitalized on. Most day traders lose money, so do not be tempted by that endeavor.

Notice the carrots on the chart which indicated potential signals. All of these signals (the last 3) were filtered by my secondary trading filters. We have been trading the bonds here the past week, but nothing has triggerred in the S&P.

I have been through too many of these to try and be a hero, I will take the signals when they come regardless of the market environment. If I do get any here, I will take them with half the normal size due to the increased volatility. I do hope for this decline to setup a rally in 30 - 45 days more or less.

I have highlighted the gap on the chart, because that is an ominous pattern. For this market to have gapped down, and not tested it, or even close in the ensuing days, does not speak well for the immediate future of this market. However, we are extremely oversold, so the odds to not favor shorting at these levels. Wait for a bounce to enter new short positions. We are likely to have volatile action in both directions, so honor your stops.

I do expect some further downside action, but I do not believe we are going to get a runaway bear market out of this due to the strength in bonds.

No comments: