DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Monday, April 23, 2007

S&P 500

I posted a couple of weeks ago there was possible trouble due to weak bonds. As we can see, there has been some short term strength that has entered that market. This was the lone remaining shortcoming of the rally off the lows, that has now been resolved. I am aggressively long stocks from a couple of weeks back, when the short term trend down trend of bonds broke. I was waiting for a pullback, but decided based on the strong seasonal pattern, to pull the trigger and just add to my positions on any pullbacks.

I was concerned that the breakout that was brewing due to the small ranges I mentioned, would happen upward, and I did not want to miss it. We also have the commercials on the long side as well. We are hugging the 2.0 standard deviation band on the high side, which tends to happen during strong trend moves. This does tell us that we are short term overbought, but I would view dips as a buying opportunity for now.

We do have to keep a close eye on the bond market, which is showing some weakness as I type this. If we were to get a big drop there, it will undermine this rally at some point.

No comments: