DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Friday, December 30, 2011


TURN OUT THE LIGHTS THE PARTY IS OVER



Here is the type of transaction the folks on Wall Street hate, and they penalize you for it. I do have some retirement money that I still have in an old 401k plan. I know this makes no sense, but I am not going to go into a full explanation of why. It has to do with my wife and her employment. I had mentioned when I bought into the stock market to try and catch a year end rally, and this was the buy and today's exit which will occur at the close today. This will be about a 6% gain, big deal. I am of the mind set now that we could have some trouble brewing and I want to have no long exposure going into January. We may well rally the first couple of weeks, but I think by mid January at the latest, we are going to turn down. I might be getting out of this a bit early, but 401k's are just so inflexible I am not completely comfortable with them.

I noticed when I entered the transaction this morning, they charge a .5% fee for positions that are shorter than 90 days. These people just never stop trying to take advantage of the American public. So I was able to make more in less than a month than these geniuses make in a year, and I am penalized for it. The game is so rigged it is just beyond belief. I say I go into the Octagon against the guy who created that rule and whoever walks out gets his way. As Spock said in a Star Trek movie to Captain Kirk, "what do you think of my solution?" I don't know what it is going to take to reform all of this crap, and I doubt I will see it in my lifetime. As long as they get their fees, they could care less what happens to anyone else. I wish I had a solution, but this just goes so far to the core of the real problems in our society, that the only thing that will cure it as another depression. All the bad has to be wiped out completely, and the government is just going to always kick the can down the road. I do believe though at some point, and I don't know where that point will be, that the market forces are eventually going to overcome the interventions. Once this happens, and the sharp downward move happens, everything will be cleaned out and we can start anew and build something legitimate ( that is where my dream ended and I woke up! ).

I seem to have created some controversy with my new indicator and the stock trades I have been showing. I base this on some emails I have gotten. The problem I got into in the past is beginning to show itself again, but it is the nature of the beast. I know it is tempting when readers see good results like some of what I do, to want to jump all over that and I urge caution with this. There is the old "past performance does not guarantee future results" phrase. This is never more true than it is with systematic approaches. I show these trade results at times mostly to support ideas that I am discussing, so that readers can see they have some merit. I rarely if ever, just blindly mechanically buy and sell anything. Even with the stock trades I have been discussing, the entry is discretionary. Once I find something in my zones with my indicator, I then run them through several filters before I narrow down to a smaller list  It could be mechanical and it would still work, but when I have these trades on my new site, the odds are that the actual trigger prices are not going to be exact numbers my system spits out. It will be me taking those and making the best judgments I can about where to actually get in and out. 

I have had a few people request that I show all my trades and I am just not going to do that. There are a couple of reasons. First and foremost, it puts too much pressure on me. If I were to get to the point where I was not trading freely enough because I was too concerned about how everyone was viewing my trades, that could literally ruin my life. I have a lot of people and animals that depend on me, I will not risk their well being for anything in the world. I enter the Robbins contest, so that is at least some semblance of trading in the public eye, and that is as far as I am going to go with this. It proves I trade profitably. Second, there are always legal issues, and I am quite sure some jerk would try to sue me if I showed a trade I was doing, they did it, and lost money. In our litigious world that is a lead pipe cinch. If a subscriber of a pay service does that at least I have some money from the subscription fees to put toward a legal defense.

I try to show trades both good and bad to make my point. I do show more wins than losses, but I have more wins than losses, so of course that will be the bias. At least I discuss and show bad trades, that is more than anyone else who does this is doing.

For now everyone is just going to have to be patient until I have this methodology fully dialed in. Once I do, I will discuss how it can be accessed moving forward. I am always messing around with things like this and some just never wind up working as well as this appears to be doing. I have been tracking quite a few of these stock trades that I have not actually done, and I will post the results of how they turn out once they are all closed out. Most of them have won, but there are a few that appear to be heading into losses.

I have been contacted about doing an interview at some point in the near future, so please email me or post topics you want to be covered. I cannot guarantee they will be, since I am not the interviewer, but I will see what I can do to cover things as best I can that are of interest. mktwzrd1@gmail.com is my email address, feel free to send feedback for the interview there. I prefer general comments be made in the blog for the most part just in case any others might be interested in any answers or replies I give to things.

I am having a hard time finding anything really compelling in terms of a new trade for today. Copper is a market I am looking for a buy entry in.




There is a trend line that can be drawn in, that we are just breaching as I go to press here. I am not in this trade as of this point. I would like to see my indicator pick up a bit here, it is actually close to the sell zone. It may not get there, so if we consolidate a bit more over the next week or so, I will be looking for higher lows and a way into this one.

I still have not finished all the installments in relation to my forecast, that will be completed this weekend.

Happy New Year





No comments: