DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friday was certainly an interesting day. It is entirely possible that I am wrong about this top and we are just going to go straight up. There is certainly alot of political engineering going on with this rally as I have discussed previously. HOWEVER.....

We now have a megaphone type pattern which I have written about in the past. I am certainly not the creator of this pattern, but I have used it often since I learned about it 10 years or so ago. Generally it is most significant when it occurs in extended market conditions like we have here. I like it when the legs of it have symmetry like this one. Also, if Fridays move were to be reversed just after making new highs, it would be a classic trap move.

Since the NAZ has a weaker pattern than the SP that is the one to short if a short play is made. Basically a close below Fridays low on Monday triggers this trade. As a short term trader I have to play this trade if it triggers and will probably enter it intraday if we go down. There are also a couple of other things I look at that are saying Monday or Tuesday could be the high, so my feeling on this is that if this is to be a top of any type here be it short term or long term, this needs to come down right now.

No comments: