DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Thursday, May 20, 2010

I HAVE NOT STEERED YOU WRONG

Trading is a very solitary business and for the most part your satisfaction has to be with your own knowledge of your results. You very rarely get kudos from anyone on good calls on things, but detractors quickly show up on the bad ones. With that in mind, let's review some of what I have recently thrown out in here to see how good or bad I have been just from a prognostication standpoint.

RECENT CALLS

A Rally in the Yen
A decline in the metals
A rally in Sugar
A decline in Bonds
A decline in Stock
A decline in Crude Oil

The Yen is exploding today, up almost another 200 points from yesterday. The day I mentioned it the Yen closed at 10786 it is currently at 11096, a $3700 per contract move.



Here is a Silver chart which shows the big decline. This is just beginning here and I just mentioned this yesterday specifically, we have already fallen over $5000 per contract since I posted that commentary.



The Sugar trade I posted Monday and with the exception of the DX and the Yen, is literally the only other market that is up today from yesterday as this wipeout is playing out.



Crude Oil unless you have been living in a cave the last two weeks would already be known by you to have cratered. I mentioned this a few weeks ago.



The Bond market is the one market I have had wrong, but there has not been an entry since we have not had a prior bars low break. It is still setup by my indicators to decline, and it probably will if we just have a day where the stock market does not get clobberred, which is a daily occurence at the moment.



The stock market I had mentioned I was looking for a sharp 2 day rally, we got 4, then a big rollover. It is hard to be much more accurate than that in this business.



What is the point of all of this? First, you have to be accountable for what you say right or wrong. In this case I have had very accurate market calls. I cannot stand people who throw things out and then become turtles when they are wrong. You have to face the music. I still will never forget an old subscriber in my trading service that quit after I had a string of 22 consecutive wins over a 4 month period, then quit on the first loss that occurred. You can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink. He told me he lost money over that stretch. I took all the same trades and almost tripled my trading account. Here I was after an incredible streak and I still had someone complaining. I had never figured even in my most optimistic moments, that my service would ever have a streak that good and yet apparently it was not good enough for that person.

So, since I do this everyday here to try and help people, make not a single penny doing it, I need to pat myself on the back occasionally for offering something worth reading. Also rest assured, I will be here to admit when I am wrong.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your efforts. I check your blog nightly and appreciate your comments and insight.