DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

As I sit here hoping the fire doesn't reach me I realized I had not posted yesterday in the midst of all of the turmoil.



As expected, we did not get a crash at the beginning of this week. It amazes me how after a big down day, how many people come out calling for another day just like it. The odds are so heavily against that, you just have to take the emotions out of investment decisions. It is hard to do, but it is what you need to do. If you run the tests on buying a gap down open after a day like Friday, there is a very strong up bias to that, not down.



I still expect us to meander sideways to lower for a bit, and it would be awfully nice to see the WillVal indicator at the bottom here drift into an under 20 reading for a buy spot. I do think this will happen. Next year should have a heavy upward bias, so the question just becomes where to best enter to take advantage of it? The end of this week has been the ideal seasonal low buy point. I am more than likely going to wait to see what the commercials have done in this Fridays report, and then make my decision. I think I will wait for an oversold reading in the WillVal at the very least, before going back in. I am not satisfied with the list of under valued stocks my methods are cranking out because among them are C and HD which are subject to further weakness due to housing. They may just languish, which is not what I am looking for.

I do have an alternate list of undervalued stocks that I got from a friend who uses a different approach than I do, which also has a few selections that I am not too pleased with. Sometimes you just have to go with the numbers, but I am digging deeply to find a numeric way a discrediting a few of these stocks. Until I get that resolved, I am going to stay flat.

The problem with C in particular, is there seems to be some funny accounting going on there, which may in reality make it over valued and not under valued.

No comments: