DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Thursday, October 18, 2007

GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY

My apologies for having missed a few days, blogger was not allowing chart uploads. It is my intent to post something each day, so keep checking in.

Gold has had a very nice upward move that is continuing today as I post this. The trend is your friend, so if you are currently long there is no reason to change anything. However, notice below that the commercials have their largest net short position that I can find in the history of the data that I have. What this means is that if we were to get a break in the trend here, it would be a green light special for a short sale.

This is a trade I am lurking on with my trading service on a daily basis, looking for an entry. You cannot just go out and blindly short a market that is this strong because that just becomes a guessing game against random luck. However, at the very least do not commit to any new longs here, and tighten your stops on any long positions.

The one fly in the ointment is that the ideal seasonal high is in January, so it would be best if a sell set up at that time. With the commercials this short, I will overlook the seasonal if the pattern sets up properly.

No comments: