DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Friday, October 19, 2007

CAN I SAY I TOLD YOU SO?

It is worthless in reality to make predictions, all we can do is observe what we see as we go along and try and make prudent bets on what will happen next. I did not outright predict a sharp drop like this, but I did predict a sideways to down move for a month or two. We obviously are getting that now, so what to do next?

The ideal seasonal low would be at the end of next week. Seasonals rarely repeat exactly, they just give us ball park views on what to look for and at what time. The market is getting very short term oversold here, so that does seem to be matching up well with the seasonal low point at the end of next week.

I am currently evaluating which stocks I want to get long when the buy signal pops up. I would suggest waiting for some short term strength just to avoid catching the falling knife. Nobody can consistently predict when these sharp drops will turn on a dime. The subprime effect is seemingly re-asserting itself today with some of the comments being made publicly. This is impossible to quantify, and is not even a consideration in my analysis of when to buy and sell.

The big rally in bonds is good news for stocks over the longer term, and those of you in my trading service got a very nice long side trade there this week, our biggest win in the last 4 years on an individual trade. Lower rates are good for stock prices. Maybe we get lucky and get a huge waterfall here to buy into, but I doubt that. Maybe a little bit more weakness, and then a short term low could be made which would be a buy point.

No comments: