DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Missed it by that much! "Maxwell Smart"

Well I called for the 13th or the end of this week or close to it, and it appears it was Tuesday so I was off by a few days. However, in this business calls do not get much better than that if this upward move continues. Will it?

Although I base most of my trading on looking at relationships that have proven themselves over time as predictive, sometimes you have to use good judgement. I had posted previously that many of the other things I would normally require to make a call for a major upmove were missing, I thought this bounce would occur. I do think it will continue, to shake the tree a bit. The world is short except for some buy and hopers still out there. It has been remarkably easy to make big money on the short side, so a squeeze is likely.

After just one day nobody really knows if it will stick or not, but with the seasonal supporting it, I think it will for awhile. For the record, I am not long this market at this point, I am waiting for a sharp continued move to short, or a more sustained move that pulls back and gives me a buy entry. Too early to tell which will occur at this point.

However, for the buy and hopers, a nice move up could give you a chance to switch to cash in your accounts and get back some of your losses before the next move down which could be significant once it starts.

No comments: