DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Friday, June 25, 2010

PLAY IT AGAIN SAM


 Here is a trade I got back into yesterday, Live Cattle. I posted the chart previously where my trailing stop was hit and I exited with a small profit. The bullish setup was still in place, so I took another long entry yesterday where indicated on the chart. You have to be prepared to get right back into a trade if you either exit it in error, or if you get stopped out and the original setup is still in place. This is not an easy thing for some people to do, and it is too easy for others. What does that mean?

Some people just want everything to always be perfect, and therefore when a trailing stop gets hit, things are less than ideal. They are not prepared to recover quickly mentally and go back into the same opportunity. The markets don't care if we are in or out, they do their own thing. It is up to us to get in sync with what they are doing. My favorite quotes are from people that say they were actually right, when prices went the opposite way they predicated and the markets were wrong. This happened alot in housing in recent years, and also in the stock market last year. If prices move the opposite of what you predict it is you that are wrong plain and simple.

There are also others that fly back in without thinking eager to "get back in the action." This is also not advisable because it often is based on emotion and not legitimate market action. For me it is an individual preference to not be too impulsive. I am not dying to "get my money back" after I take a loss. I think that is very dangerous and has led to the demise of many. The best place to be here is just even keeled and if the trade setups are still legitimate, you play them as they come along. At times that might mean getting stopped out and re-entering the same day. If that is what the market dictates that is what you need to do. Here my re-entry was one day removed. Perhaps my stop was in the wrong place trailing my original trade, but the logic behind the stop being where it was I layed out in detail in a prior post. It was sound and by my rules so sometimes this happens. I will never be perfect, that is something I can be certain of.

As for the market as a whole, it just feels very heavy to me here, although we are now into a very short term oversold condition. I do not have definitive buy or sell signals in the indexes at this juncture.

On a separate note if anyone out there has a good connection to a media person or a reporter, please email me at mktwzrd1@gmail.com. It is time to get the story out about how I treated my dog with cancer and what has happened. This could be a landmark case, and I need to get this out there. It could save countless lives both animal and people. The medical community knows what I did, but they are not going to want this story to get out because it will cost the pharma companies billions in lost profits. They do not want to cure cancer, they want to "manage" it. There is no profit in curing it, just a one time revenue stream but no annuity flows. Also, I used all natural substances which are not patentable.

No comments: