DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Thursday, July 29, 2010








ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER






I have been tied up in all sorts of other things here in the last couple of weeks so I have missed alot of posts. When I combine that with the demise of Blogger that I have mentioned, I just dread doing these right now. I just don't have the time.



Here we have the SP 500 which is in an interesting spot. The trend oscillators are showing an uptrend and a pullback, yet we are also into a good resistance zone. There is a school of probability distribution called market profile that tracks how often markets trade at certain prices. Once something trades in a zone alot it tends to have a comfort in that zone, hence it can stay there for awhile. It is not a good probability in an often frequented zone to take trades because false breakouts can often happen. That seems to be the case here. I was long for the 3 day upmove, exiting Monday once we got into this highly visited zone.



As much as I am tempted to look at continuation longs right here on this pullback, I am just not sure at this point about doing so.



I have been looking for a long position in the Dollar as it continues to tumble.








Alot of oscillators are diverging against the trend which as I have written about often in the past, is typical. However, when I see it get this pronounced I look for counter trend trades so that is what I am doing here. I have had orders in to buy strength the last 3 days and none of them have been filled. I will continue to look for longs here as long as this divergence persists. If I lose I lose. We often get huge reversals from these types of situations, so that is what I am looking for here.


No comments: