DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Tuesday, October 03, 2006

GOLD

September 29th I mentioned that strictly from a trading standpoint this was a short sale setup and here would have been the entry this morning. I still feel that the fundamentals are a bit mixed in this market so I did not enter this trade.

I do not trade markets like Gold alot, so I want the perfect setup. For those wishing to trade in and out of this market alot, study this setup because it is a textbook flag/retracement against the trend trade.

You just look for established trends, which we have here and wait for a retracement against it up to a 20 or 30 period moving average. Once that setup is in place, just trade the breaks of the lines of the retracments like this one today. You can add a bunch of other "noise" to help qualify these, but over the years I never found any increased accuracy by doing that. This techinique just keeps you in sync with the overall trend in the market and over time is a profitable way to trade.

The only filter you might want to try is only taking the first 3 retracments. Once you get to 4 or more sometimes the trend is getting a bit tired and is due for a change. Just to reiterate, I do not trade like this, but this is a technique I used successfully earlier in my career. There are many traders that are quite famous that trade in this fashion alone.

No comments: