DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I mentioned in my last post that a minor sell signal showed up for the SP 500 and was worth taking. Displayed over to the left is the result of that trade. I used a smidge of discretion exiting as it technically fell 1 point shy of where my limit order to take profits was, then started to bounce. No time to be greedy when something like that happens, so I just quickly went to the market to exit. It may not look like much on that chart, but that trade made quite a bit of money.

However, the bigger portion of the last post was on the dollar and it's potential long setup. That was also triggerred and the dollar has moved up somewhat, but not as quickly as I thought it would with the stock drop that occurred. There is some international jaw boning about world reserve currency etc.. Maybe that is why the dollar which appeared to be going gangbusters, has stalled. I have no idea, I do not trade on that kind of nonsense anyway. However, it does appear that we have a major top at hand in many commodity markets, probably for the rest of the year. As a result, I expect the dollar to continue to move up overall.

I heard an intersting comment about all the money the government is printing now and how inflationary it is. The comment basically said it is the velocity of the money that causes inflation, not just the supply of it. If it is being horded, it will not be inflationary. I think in general that is what is happening and why we are still in a deflationary environment that should continue for awhile.

I have also been bullish on bonds and made a nice longside trade there that I just exited today. I am not sure if I ever posted anything on bonds here or not, but traded some emails with some readers of this telling them I was bullish. I continue to be and will be hoping for a pullback to enter on the long side again. Also hoping to sell a rally in stocks if we are lucky enough to get it, this could waterfall here.

No comments: