DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Wednesday, August 25, 2010



SAVED BY THE BELL/KS






First off, thanks KS for telling me it was you that downloaded all those pages, that has taken a load off my mind. Sometimes I can figure out a URL for viewers and sometimes I can't through a tracking system. I did take a peak that day and it was not clear, which was why I became a bit worried. Besides the government is likely to hide behind an individual one anyway when checking up on people so as not to alert them. As a result, even knowing the URL and seeing it is not through a government server etc.. would not help much anyway. I am somewhat of a loose cannon with my off the cuff political remarks, so maybe I should keep them to myself anyway.



I assume from that review and the fact that you are still reading, that enough of my market calls were good to keep you coming back, LOL!



Above is a pictorial of an interesting new software invention by Larry Williams that allows us to go back in time and get future price projections from what certain "looks" to things are. It is not publicly available at this point. I have played around with it for a day now and think it is pretty helpful. However, it is a tool, not the panacea. We are always looking for that one thing that we know is out there to be discovered, that is "the" answer. It does not exist folks, plain and simple. Learning how to combine certain things you find to have value, is the key to trading well, and it is not easy. It is also time consuming and you have to be patient.



I am not a patient person by nature, quite the opposite. However, I am probably one of the most disciplined people ever to walk the face of the earth. As a result I can will myself to be patient when all of my being does not want to be. When I started off this month with that absolute debacle in Soybean Meal, it was not easy to sit and not make a trade for a week, but that is what I did. So many people want to rush back in and "get the money back." That attitude will result most often in you parting with more of your money. I forced myself to wait for very solid setups, and low and behold I found 3 big winners that have resulted in me now having a great month even after having the largest single loss I have ever had.



I achieved this by being patient and disciplined. As to the above example, interesingly enough it shows a sharp short term rally should follow in the SP 500. This is in the midst of a very strong downtrend. Just because this tool shows that it does not mean a thing other than just making me curious. I printed this chart out just to use as reference to see what follows. It also shows a similar path for the EURO. I do not otherwise have any buy signals, so this is not enough for me to take any action against this trend. It does indicate that in the past in these two markets, when the indicators have had these minor divergences like this, on average prices have rallied. I personally like much stronger divergences than this to trade against trends, so it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. I would not have otherwise expected a rally here.



KS thanks to your comments the blog is alive and well minus politics, although I can't promise to keep totally silent of King Dumbkopf makes any colossal blunder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have it wrong KS wrote the last comment but I wrote the first two previous .My initials are BQ and I am just an individual .Keep up the good work . I see you parted with your ten Grand for LW latest course...