DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Thursday, August 30, 2012

SOME ANNOUNCEMENTS AND SLEEPY MARKETS


WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS.COM

This is the name of the web site I am opening up. It is not up yet so do not try to go there, I have some content work to do, and some image altering etc.. What you are going to see there which is what I wanted to announce, is something no other place I am aware of is doing. We are going to have a real account with real money, traded live there. We will show the account statements with the real time balances updated once a week to show that we make profits trading. This is of course risky, but I think it is time for someone to do something like this. After all the BS that has gone on in this industry, it is time for this level of transparency. Obviously the risk is if we do poorly who in the world would want to pay for any services? My question is, how do people live with themselves selling things that do not work?

Subs to the Bond Service certainly know that system works and makes REAL MONEY. There is another profitable trade going on there right now. I have not quite figured out how to best display this, I am working with my web guy now on this. It is basically just going to be a daily statement with the account number blacked out to prevent shenanigans. I hope to have the site up by the beginning of next week. I am partnering with a friend of mine who is the best trader I know, that is why I keep stating we, and also why the site name has changed to we from the blog name. I will also have the Pay Pal link up for the services, for those who have wanted to trade the bonds but either live in other countries or sending checks has just been other wise inconvenient. Also, there will be other things we offer. The prices are going to be pretty low, we want a lot of people if possible to get the word out. As a result, we are probably going to price things too cheap for our own good.

If there are any subs of the Bond service that want to send a testimonial that would certainly be welcome. You have to bear with me I have to do some marketing here. I will promise you there will never be a single instance where I over hype something. Under promise and over deliver is my goal, and that is how I have always lived my life from sports to business, to personal affairs.

ON TO THE MARKETS




Here we have an interesting development in the ES, a trend break. I think I have what is the most operative trend line in this market drawn in here, and we clearly are breaking that today, right on schedule for the seasonal tendency. I also have a graph there that shows the very low ratio of short term volatility to longer term volatility. Typically when that ratio gets this low, there is a break out move that is larger than normal as volatility expands. Of course you can see it has been low for a while, so timing things with this is a different matter. I think most of us have just had the feeling that things have been pretty quiet and are due to heat up a bit. This just gives us a hard technical graph that supports that feeling.

I don't like following feelings, my feelings are usually not very consistent. It has been the nature of this market lately, to just break the up trends out of the blue like this and not give us a lay up entry. I am not short this market at this point just for full disclosure. I would prefer to see this go a bit more down and bounce to setup the short, but it may not. If we are going to get a market break down, this time frame is most likely when it will happen. I do think overall dips are buys, so if we get a 2 or 3 week sharp decline, I will be buying at some point when I think the selling has exhausted itself.

The other trades I was looking at today were long in the metals, and possibly energy, but they do not appear to be likely to trigger.

Have a great holiday and look for the site next week. I will give notice here when it is up. Kinda sounds like what a husband would say to his wife huh?


7 comments:

Enrico said...

Husbands usually say to their wifes... Oh that dress is so nice over you.. At least we are obliged! :-)To not encounter a 45 minutes long duscussion..

So the website will be for SURE very very nice!

Joking... It will be nice for sure.

Robert said...

Chris
just a little confusing..How many different paid services are you going to have ..I know you are going to have a newsletter ,,is that separate from the trading service ?
How many different trading services are you going to have-
Maybe you could explain the different services you are going to offer

Chris Johnston said...

Enrico, so true I made the mistake of not signing off on a dress once with a girlfriend in my single days who was a model for Heineken commercials and she never let it go

As to the other services you will see what they are when I launch, just going to be three things. The bond service, a service for trades in other markets that will last longer, and a newsletter which will be very cheap and educational. I am thinking about $100 per year for that. It will be very thorough a overkill for that price. I will teach specific trading strategies in it. I want to get a large group for it if possible which is why it is going to be so cheap. I may vary the price slightly to cover the pay pal corleone charge

Rigorous said...

I must say, the recovery high resistance 1420 stopped the S&P from rallying. I really think traders are waiting for Bernanke at Jackson Hole. But where is everybody else? Are there no fundamentals investors buying stocks for the long haul?

Chris Johnston said...

Investors buying for the log haul should buy on big dips, not rallies like this. This is where most people go wrong, they get scared at the troughs. Long term players, you should relish these big declines, they give you great entry points.

The lack of volume is one of the ways we can know almost certainly the rallies are being driven by FED futures buying

Xiang said...

Hi Chris

Is the website setup yet? I cant manage to find the site. Please advise
Thank you very much

Chris Johnston said...

It is not up yet, I am waiting on my web hoster to make a few changes in the images and he is very slow to do things. I will post it here when I have it up. It may take another week unfortunately, but I want it to be the way I want it once it goes up.