DISCLAIMER

PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE WHICH APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT IN THIS BLOG AS WELL AS ANY OTHER MATERIAL FROM WE ARE FUTURES TRADERS LLC. READING ANY CONTENT BELOW CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY ALL READERS THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THAT IS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


Tuesday, August 15, 2006

S&P 500

I wanted to short this opening so bad I almost had the tie my hands behind my back to stop myself. A gap open above a day like yesterday just "looked" like a shorting opportunity to me.

However, although my pattern book does show a downward bias from several different angles, I could not dial this in tight enough to meet my criteria for trading it.

We can just watch it and review tommorrow what transpired. I will also continue to research this to see if there was something that I missed which would have given the green light for this trade.

I think it is of the utmost importance to have discipline in determining when and when not to trade. I may miss alot of trades, but all I am concerned with is what happens in the ones I do select. I have displayed the TICK and TRIN with this just for a different look than most of the other charts I post here.

No comments: